A key benefit of LGA membership is sharing good practice amongst our councils. The below provides resources and templates you might find helpful.
- Independents in Southend-on-Sea and Lincolnshire have shared examples of their group constitution for any Independents looking to set up their own group.
- Lambeth Green Councillors response to proposed Government planning reform, September 2020
- Draft Memorandum of Understanding Template: Many councils are forming alliances for a joint administration at the moment, this handy template will help you set the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding between Groups/Parties.
- Councillor workbooks: The LGA has produced a number of distance learning materials, covering key topics such as action on climate change, chairing skills, finance, planning, scrutiny and community safety.
- External Report: Declaring a Climate Change Emergency: Arup, an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, have published guidance for local authorities who have declared a climate emergency.
- Example Covid-19 Recovery Plan from North Kesteven
If you have resources you’d like to share please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org